What is the secret to writing interesting articles?
To make an article interesting, you have to be interested in the topic. If you are bored or not interested in the topic then you will not inspire any interest from your reader.
Have an open mind.
- It is surprising how when we look at a topic, it can instill one or two reactions; it can either inspire you because you already have an interest in this subject or it can just make you want to run away from it because you feel that whatever treatment you give the subject it is not going to turn out well and put it to the bottom of the pile.
- Take Heart! Look at the topic again. Either talk to someone who you know has an interest in the topic or start looking online. Find out more information; ask yourself what do you need to know about this topic? The chances are that you fond the topic boring because you don’t know much about it. You don’t need to become a world renowned expert on the topic, but gain a foothold on the knowledge.
- Look beyond the obvious. Make a trail. Brain storm.
Brainstorming an idea.
- Pick a topic or even an item that is near to you right now as you are reading this. Computer, Phone, Notebook, pen, anything.
- Now think about anything that is connected to that pen - the history of pens? How that particular pen came in to your possession, did you acquire it (does it really belongs to someone else), what about the color of the ink? What have you written with that pen? Now you are starting to see many possibilities. Think you need to use that pen to start writing down some of your ideas.
- Brainstorming is not a new idea it has been used in classrooms for a long time as an aid to help not only creative writing g but factual writing as well. Not only does it give you chance to reflect what you already know about a topic, it helps you to focus on what you need to know, what you need to research.
By now it seems like you have not just a lot of information but you also have a plan beginning to form. It may be that by this point you have started to think of some original ideas to present this information, in a brilliantly crafted article that makes people stand back and think about this topic in a new light, because by now you are motivated to write about it.